NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Saturday, December 29, 2001

Wargen Quit Threat

Kevin Wargen, the HUISA chairman, revealed in today's edition of Bullseye that he would resign if Chelverton's Simon Morgan is put in charge of relocation of the ground.

In his regular column, he told that HUISA have been working extremely hard over the situation of the stadium and relocation.

He said that Leader Terry James and his council will pass the UDP (Unitary Development Plan) to keep Hereford United at Edgar Street but was extremely disappointed at one party in the discussions.

"I have to tell supporters of a letter I received from Simon Morgan, of Chelverton, who basically accused HUISA members of spreading misinformation and ultimately the destruction of the club," he wrote. "HUISA members spend a lot of time trying to talk to all concerned regarding development. We also raise money for the club, run away travel, paint the ground in the summer and do whatever to keep the club from folding. I feel so upset at this accusation by Morgan that I will not sit around a table with him. Indeed if it means he is in charge of relocation, I would resign. I am not above criticism from anyone - supporters or directors - but I will not be accused of trying to finish the club that I love and would do whatever I can to make it survive. I am happy to know that other people on the committee feel the same as me over the letter."

Wargen will endeavour to keep everyone informed of developments in the new year.