NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Friday, July 29, 2005

Ipoua and his six best

This item was originally published whilst Guy Ipoua was at Livingston FC.

Best Goal Scored:
"I think it was during my spell with Scunthorpe, when I scored two in a Second Division game against Burnley, which was on TV. I'd say those were the best two goals of my career that day. The first one was a volley, and in the second one I took the ball from my own half and went on a mazy run before lobbing the goalkeeper."

Best Game Played in:
"Probably when I scored four goals for Scunthorpe in one game, against Mansfield. I played quite well on the day, but obviously scoring the goals makes that game stick out in my mind. Even better, that game came just a few days after I scored a hat-trick in the FA Cup against Hartlepool. Seven goals in a week!"

Best Player Played With:
"One of my best friends, Valerien Ismael is playing for Werder Bremen and doing well at the top of the Bundesliga, while David Perpetuini, a former team-mate at Gillingham, is also a good mate. Both are good players, and also great people personally."

Best Stadium:
"Vincente Calderon, Athletico Madrid's stadium. It is fantastic stadium, especially in terms of atmosphere. When there are 80,000 people there it's brilliant; the crowd are so passionate."

Best Career Influence:
"I have to say my brother Samuel, who is a footballer as well. He played in the 1998 World Cup for Cameroon, our country. When I was younger I always used to look up to him. He wanted to become a professional player from an early age, and I didn't want to be left behind."

Biggest Achievement:
"I think it is still to come. I have played for some great clubs - Torino, Athletico Madrid, Seville - but I didn?t really succeed there as much as I wanted. In the future it would be a big achievement for me to play in a World Cup for Cameroon or something like that."