NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Friday, August 26, 2005

Rose talks about move

Michael Rose has told the Western Daily Press that he is hoping to make an impact at Cheltenham which will impress Gary Johnson, his manager at Yeovil. The 23 year-old is expected to play for his new club in the left of midfield tomorrow against Leyton Orient

The former Hereford United player has moved to Whaddon Road for a month as cover for Craig Johnson, who is injured.

"It's been frustrating so far this season and I have spoken to the gaffer (Gary Johnson) about it," said Rose.

"We agreed it would be good for me to go out on loan and play some games.

"I understand why I haven't been playing because the gaffer brought in Nathan Jones as an experienced left-back and he's done well.

"But it's an unusual situation for me because I've played regularly for both Yeovil and Hereford over the last few seasons. I've got to make sure I do well at Cheltenham and then wait for a chance to prove what I can do to Gary Johnson.

"I've spoken to John Ward and he's told me what his plans are. I can't expect to go to a new club and be playing straightaway but if I'm in the team I'll be delighted.

"As a footballer you just want to be playing in competitive games and I've only been in the reserves so far this season. So if I am playing on Saturday I've got to make sure I do well and keep my place."