NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Chairman Quits Boston For Darlington

Boston chairman Jon Sotnick has quit the club to take a Chief Executive role at rivals Darlington.

Sotnick, who had been chairman since the illegal payments scandal forced former chairman Pat Malkinson to stand down two years ago, leaves after failing to secure a satisfactory pay package for his role, telling the official Boston site: "It is with great sadness that I today convey this news, as I would have really liked to have completed the job I started, but the facts are that Boston United are unable to remunerate me, and having dedicated the last two-and-a-half years to this club, I know I have to think of my own family and take steps to ensure that they are looked after. By that, I mean to provide a home and continue to provide a healthy environment for my children to grow up."

Sotnick, who will take up his new post shortly, has been replaced by former player Jim Rodwell who steps up from his Director of Football role.