NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Fleetwood wants mid-table

Stuart Fleetwood spoke to Bulls News, who are sponsoring the striker this season, during the photo call at Edgar Street this morning.

Firstly, I asked Stuart how he reflects on his first six months at the club. "I have really enjoyed it so far, there a great bunch of lads and the gaffer has really helped me come through, hopefully this season will be my season. I think we can do really well in this league at the moment"

Stuart then reflected on the pre-season so far. "I've really enjoyed it, I think we have done well. Obviously there is a lot of strikers here at the moment and we have just been playing forty-five minutes each but when I have come on, I have enjoyed it"

Speaking about his excellent free-kick against Bristol City on the weekend, Stuart told me that he is looking for a few more like that. "We have been practising them in training, there is a few players trying to get on them so hopefully I have cemented a place for a couple of games and hopefully I can put a few more in."

I then asked which striker Stuart felt most comfortable playing alongside. "I don't really mind, obviously I haven't played that much alongside Alan but when we have played, we have both scored. I can play up front with Willo or Sillsy, they are big target men but I am comfortable with any three. As long as I play, I don't mind."

Stuart then explained his ambitions for the coming season. "Obviously I think we just want to survive this year, but I think we can finish mid-table. Hopefully I can end up being a regular and end up top scorer as well."