NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Nicolau signs for Bees

Nicky Nicolau has signed for Barnet.

The 22 year old left back has agreed a one year deal at Underhill.

Nicolau came to Edgar Street on loan from Swindon for much of the latter part of last season but his appearances for Hereford United were curtailed by injury.

Meanwhile another former Bull, Ryan Green, could make his debut for Bristol Rovers this evening when they take on Clevedon Town.

"I'd done a week of running and my knee started playing up. It lasted for about three weeks and I only got back into training last Friday, but hopefully I can be involved (tonight)," Green told the Western Daily Press.

"It seemed that every time I tried to do anything more than jog my knee started clicking and was quite painful.

"The more I did then the worse it got, but I've rested and our physio, Phil Kite, has treated it well, so now hopefully I can be back.

"It was frustrating to be back at square one after a week of hard graft, but I've kept myself as fit as I can by going on the bike and treadmill in the gym and doing a bit of swimming - hopefully that will help.

"I know I might be a few weeks behind the others but hopefully I can still go on to stake my claim for a first-team place."

The paper says that 'Green was brought in primarily to add competition for the right-back berth, although Aaron Lescott has responded to his arrival with some good pre-season performances.'