NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Rovers are a bigger club says Green

Ryan Green has told the official Bristol Rovers website that tomorrow's clash with Hereford United will be a big game for him.

It will be the first time Green has faced his former club since leaving Edgar Street.

"It's a big game for me, and I'm sure there will be lots of memories coming back," said Green. "I hope I get a good reception from their fans, I had some good times with them, although you never know maybe there'll be one or two boos.

"I spent three years at the club, and they were three very enjoyable years too. But I think this is a bigger club and it was time to move on for me.

"Although I'm looking forward to the game for obvious reasons, the main thing is getting the right result. We need the three points, and that's what we're focussed on getting.

"Although I wish Hereford all the best this season, I'm a Bristol Rovers player now I hope we can take the points off them tomorrow night.

"They've done well since they've been promoted, and to be fair I always thought they would do.

"They've got some good players there, plenty of pace up front, and some very good defenders at the back. I think they will finish at least mid-table, and good luck to them.

"Tomorrow I think will be a good game of football to watch, they are a passing team similar to ourselves, and they like to get the ball down and play.

"It's a match we know we desperately need to take the points from, and although I wish Hereford all the best this season, I'm a Bristol Rovers player now I hope we can take the points off them tomorrow night."

At the recent fans forum, Graham Turner contrasted the departure of Green with that of Craig Mawson who is now with Halifax. Turner praised Mawson for his time at Hereford and his integrity in keeping Turner informed when he left Edgar Street.

Turner didn't have the same kind words for Green.