NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, November 23, 2006

It hasn't been easy for Webb

Luke Webb, who scored his first senior goal for Hereford United on Tuesday evening, has been telling the Western Daily Press about that goal and his career so far.

"It was one of those ones you see in your dreams and hopefully there will be many more of them to come," said Webb.

"It has been a long time coming, to be honest.

"I have had such a frustrating time with injuries that I didn't think I would sleep on Tuesday night, that's how good it felt.

"When I was at the academy at Arsenal I had a bad back problem that kept me out for a couple of years and, from that, I had other bad injuries.

"Unfortunately, they never actually found out what was wrong, I think it was just to do with growth, really.

"Then last year I went to Coventry City, but injuries held me back again and no-one likes an injured footballer, so now I am hoping to push on here.

"The manager (Graham Turner) and John Trewick (club coach) have really helped me out and given me the chance.

"Now it is up to me take it with both hands."

Talking about the game Webb admitted that he had an absolute shocker in the first half.

"There were passes I could see but they were getting intercepted. It could have been easy to go into my shell after that, but the manager told me to keep my head up and keep hunting for the ball and show my character.

"And all the other lads told me to keep my head up, not to worry about it and that I was better than that - hopefully I put it right in the second half."