NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Friday, November 24, 2006

Support Rob Powell at Boston

Hereford United supporter Rob Powell hopes to be at Boston tomorrow afternoon in time to watch the match.

Rob, who is raising money for the Hereford MS Society, is close to half way through his cycling tour of 61 football clubs all over England.

This afternoon he reached Peterborough.

Rob has been writing about the tour on his blog -www.backtotheleague.blogspot.com

"A pattern of pain is the order of each day. It takes about 10 miles to get rid of the stiffness in the leg muscles. Then for 20 miles I feel fine and pedal along well. Then my backside gets a bit sore from hitting numerous potholes and rough surfaces. From 40 miles, my hands go numb and I have to start swinging my arm round to get the feeling back. From 60 miles on, everything hurts. When I come to a small hill the power in the legs I had at the start has dissipated and I have to get into a low gear to wobble my way to the top. When I stop for more than a few minutes my legs seem to scream at me and I feel a little sick until I warm up again so I tend to try and keep going until I get to the destination.

"I have arranged my whole trip around tomorrow when Boston play the Bulls. I hope I get there in time and don't get a puncture!"

Rob is pictured at MK Dons


You can support the Hereford MS Society by going to :www.justgiving.com/backtotheleague