NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Monday, January 01, 2007

Memory Lane for Pejic

Shaun Pejic took over the captain's arm-band for Wrexham at Hereford last Saturday and took his players onto the Edgar Street pitch. He's led players out once before at Hereford. That time Pejic was an official club mascot whilst his dad Mel was clocking up another appearance for the Bulls.

"I think they scored with the two shots they had," said Pejic junior as reported by the Welsh Press.

"It was great to captain the side at a place where my father's a bit of a legend - a real honour.

"But when I looked around the dressing room before the game and saw all the young players I thought to myself, 'I'm in with a chance here.'

"I've captained youth teams and reserve sides when I've been coming back from injury, but that's a lot different to leading the first team.

"I didn't know anything until the gaffer called me over and said I had to go into the referee's room with him before kick-off to hand over the team sheet.

"But I enjoyed the challenge and being the oldest player in the back four there was a lot of responsibility on me.

"It's weird that I've come back to captain Wrexham here as I was a mascot when my old man was playing at Hereford.

"I think it was an FA Cup game, but all I remember is going on the pitch with my younger brother with these big shorts on and kicking balls into the goal."