NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

And finally, before the kick-off…..

….this entertaining little ditty today appears in the editorial section of the BCFC website, Singing The Blues. Penned by Dax Deakin, the article is titled “Mrs Pot, can I introduce you to Mr Kettle”.

My ribs hurt! It's taken me a while to stop laughing. And anybody who read Brady's piece in the Sun on Friday will understand why. Is this woman for real? Can she seriously accuse Hereford of being small minded over ticket prices for next Tuesdays cup tie? For the benefit of those who haven't read it, she is having a whinge over the price of tickets that Hereford want us to charge, saying that THEY want to overcharge supporters. Is this the same woman who adds £1.50 to each away ticket that loyal Blues fans have to pay in order to travel the country to support their team? (£39.50 for Derby tickets.) Pot, Kettle and Black spring to mind.

She really is a piece of work that woman. One line in her article does give me hope though…. And I quote…. "With such small minded people working in our beautiful game, I contemplate if it is time to get out of the business….." Karren PLEASE, do us all a favour and get out of the business! I find it incredible that you fail to see that YOU are amongst the small minded folk in the game crippling loyal fans with your add-ons and sky high prices. Ask yourself why season ticket sales at Blues are so disgracefully low. Ask yourself why we have failed to sell out our ground for such a long time. I'll answer for you shall I? Prices! Pure and simple. I know many of you will say it's the poor brand of football we play but I disagree. We've never been a good side yet history will tell you we used to have one of the most loyal set of supporters in the game. Now a vast number of Bluenoses are filled with disillusionment at being ripped of by you time and time again. If you do leave I'll buy you a mirror as a leaving present, obviously there aren't any in your house. If there were, surely you would have had a good hard look at yourself by now.