NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

McClenahan waits for Offer from Hereford

Trent McClenahan hasn't received an offer from Hereford United manager Graham Turner and appears to be considering a move back to his homeland.

The Australian-born defender is currently with the Olyroos in the Malaysian Intercontinental Cup.

“When you’re at a bigger club I suppose you get noticed more and more publicity. In a sense maybe you do have to work harder and have to prove yourself a little bit more," McClenahan told au.fourfourtwo.com

“Players go through different stages in their career. Along the way you just have to make sure you keep improving.

“It was fantastic to end last season winning promotion with Hereford. It was a massive thing back there. We had one of the smallest budgets in the division and had been one of the favourites for relegation. It was great to prove people wrong.

“So, yes I’m on a bit of a high still because of that. My contract there is up so I’m just waiting for them to contact me. It’s fair to say my options are open at this stage.

“I’ve been involved with the national team since the Under 20s and to be in the Under 23s is a great honour.

“Every game at international level is a shop window.

“Can I see myself in the A-League? Of course. I’m an Australian and I want to play in Australia one day.

“Whether it’s right now, in five years or 10 years, I don’t know. You just want to choose the best option open to you.”

Asked what his teammates know about Hereford McClenahan commented:

“I can tell you how many of the players would know where Hereford is on a map. A big zero. None of them.”