NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, May 29, 2008

McCombe Joins Port Vale

Released defender John McCombe has signed for Port Vale on a two year deal.

The 23 year old was a surprise departure to most Bulls fans, and it was expected he would find employment quickly. The Valiants announced the deal with McCombe telling their official site:

"I am really looking forward to the challenge. I met the manager and he sold the club to me, with the style of football he wants the team to play and his ambitions for the club. Even though I am still young, I played a lot of games for Hereford last season and experienced promotion with them. I am a big, strong lad and hopefully I can help the team.

"I want to play first team football on a regular basis and play well enough to help the club win promotion and hopefully further my career."

McCombe started half the League matches for the Bulls last season, but managed only six minutes on the pitch in the last six matches.