NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Connell signs for Cherries

Former Hereford United striker Alan Connell has rejoined Bournemouth. He has signed a two year deal and is expected to go straight into the Cherries squad for their game at Port Vale tomorrow.

"Although I had another year left at Brentford, the chance to join Bournemouth was too good to turn down. I was very disillusioned with what happened there and, as soon as I heard of Bournemouth's interest, I jumped at the chance to come back," Connell told the Daily Echo.

"There is no other club I would have joined in the position they are in but it's a special club for me and I've always had an affinity for Bournemouth. They gave me my debut and I'm desperate to see the club be a success."