NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Clark happy with win

Huddersfield manager Lee Clark was more than pleased with his side's 1-0 win over Hereford United this afternoon.

"I am delighted to win away from home in the manner we did, with a clean sheet. I said earlier in the week that I have seen the belief coming back into the players and I am certain that everyone saw that today as we created some good opportunities," Clark told the Huddersfield OS.

"Our goalkeeper pulled off some great saves today, but at one stage I thought the game was coming down to a competition between their goalkeeper and Anthony Pilkington - he just kept taking shots at goal. I thought the team showed real grit, determination and character."

Clark made mention of the good support for the Terriers at Edgar Street.

"The following today was fantastic as it's a big journey down here. They seemed to be enjoying themselves - I think taking your shirt off is a northern thing! I hope we helped them enjoy their day and everyone at the club should be proud of the supporters we have - they are fantastic both home and away. I have to thank them once again."