NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Saturday, May 30, 2009

James looks forward to Hereford Game

Tony James had said that he is looking forward to playing at Edgar Street again. The former Hereford United defender recently signed an extension to his contract with newly promoted Burton Albion.

He admits that he has always wanted to play in the League.

"It’s been a long time coming and it’s something I’ve looked forward to for a long time," James told the Burton Mail

"Playing in the league is something I’ve always thought I’m capable of doing and to finally get the opportunity is brilliant."

James made over 250 appearances for the Bulls between 1998 and 2006 but wasn't offered a contract by Graham Turner when Hereford were promoted to League Two after winning the play-off final against Halifax.

"Coming to Burton when Nigel was manager, I understood what his plans were when I signed.

"The first season he wanted to get in the play-offs and the second season he said we might as well have a go and we did it.

"I don’t think there’s too much difference between the lower half of League Two and the Conference.

"The top 10 teams maybe have one or two stand-out players who arguably shouldn’t be playing at that level.

"It’s a fresh challenge for everyone. It will all be new when we come back for pre-season training under the new manager.

"I have always wanted to go back to play at Hereford.

"I wish Hereford all the best and hope they have a good season, but on the days that we play them, I hope they have a bit of a stinker!"