NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Trewick updates from the Hereford Times

Hereford United manager John Trewick has spoken to the Hereford Times about the players coming to and going from Edgar Street

Firstly Steve Guinan who has signed for Northampton.

"I wish Steve all the best," said Trewick. "Initially we did not reach agreeement but a bigger club has come in and he has decided to take their offer.

"He had a good year for us but he is going on 34 and six months can be a long time at that age."

And a comment on signing Kidderminster centre-back Keith Lowe.

"He is a good character and has experience in the Championship with Wolves and Burnley.

"I feel he can do a good job for us."

Trewick has talked to former Bull Rob Purdie.

"I would like to have brought Rob back but there was no chance when a club like Oldham came in," said Trewick.

Another local pre-season friendly, this one against Pegasus, is expected to be announced shortly.

Meanwhile the paper has a few quotes from Guinan.

"Everyone knows that deep down I would like to have stayed but that’s football. The offer was not there so you have to move on to the next.

"I certainly didn’t see a two-year contract coming and never in a million years thought that I would get that.

"At my age, I would have been a fool not to take it - there was no point in waiting. I would not have got a better offer than that so now I can go on holiday and relax.

"But a particular highlight was when Graham Turner made me captain last season. That was a great honour and I hope I was able to repay him with some good performances towards the end of the season."