NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Two Strikers In On Trial

Simon Davey has told the BBC he has two strikers in on trial.

Speaking to BBC H&W, he said: "One played in the reserve game against Coventry and scored,

"He has got a lot of experience behind him but it would take time to get international clearance so there is no rush to make that decision. I will have a look at the two of them in the next two practices and see how they cope with the training.

"I am looking at options and I won't stand still so if I think we need to add to the squad, I will go to the chairman and say 'I think we need to do this'. He is a chairman who is very understanding and who sees what I see.

"Sometimes people panic and look at the statistics a little too closely. We had Stuart Fleetwood hit the post at Chesterfield, and Sam Malsom hit the post against Colchester. The chances are being created - I would have a little bit more concern if we had been conceding goals left right and centre and we weren't creating chances.

"The way we play we will always create chances so it is only a matter of time before the strikers start popping those goals into the net."