NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Uncertainty is Finished - Pitman

Jamie Pitman has been talking to BBC Hereford and Worcester about events at Edgar Street this week which have seen the appointment of Lennie Lawrence as technical director and confirmation that Pitman will remain as manager for the rest of the season.

"It's a great opportunity for me and something I couldn't turn down," said Pitman.

"I'm very pleased they felt they were able to give me the job.

"I haven't done any physio stuff since the second week of me taking over as care-taker manager. We've got someone in doing that.

"The uncertainty has finished. Everyone knows I'm in charge until the end of the season which I'm very pleased about.

"Hopefully the players are pleased as well because we've had a great response from them."

Asked about the appointment of Lennie Lawrence as technical director, Pitman said it had been discussed for sometime.

"As a group the chairman, myself and the coaching staff felt it was neccessary to get someone on board like Lennie with a wealth of experience on and off the field in things, media, contractual stuff, coaching which will hopefully help us going forward.

"We just talked about it. His name has been in the hat for a while and he comes with a great reputation. There was no hesitation really.

"I'm no way a finished article. Hopefully Lennie will keep me learning, keep guiding me in the right direction."