NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Team Spirit Keeps Us Going says Smikle


Hereford United's Brian Smikle says that the great team spirit at Edgar Street has keep everyong going through the recent difficult times at Edgar Street.

"The team spirit has kept us going really and we played our hearts out to beat Shrewsbury in the last round of the FA Cup," Smikle told the Western Daily Press.

Smikle At Lincoln
"We are only have 17 players at the moment and I've never been at a club in a position like this before, but we will all dig in and stick together.

"We've all dealt with it and focused purely on the football, but we all know how important the Cheltenham match is going to be for the club, especially if we can make it through to the third round.

"It was a strange feeling when the draw came out because we had a fairly local derby match against Shrewsbury and I didn't think for a minute we'd have another one in the second round," Smikle added.

"It's a very good draw and everyone knows Hereford have a good record against Cheltenham, so we want to keep that going. I loved my time there and I am still in touch with a lot of the lads.

"It will be the first time I've come up against a team managed by Mark Yates, who I played for at Kidderminster and Cheltenham and I am looking forward to the game.

"I know Gallers is pumped up for this one and it will be good to see all the lads, but when the match starts we'll be fully focused on doing well for Hereford.

"Cheltenham have been flying in the league and there hasn't been much banter flying around yet, but I am expecting a few sly texts in the next few days!"