NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Money Praises "Spirited Display"


From Left: Richard Money (Cambridge), Martin Foyle and Andy Porter (Hereford)
Cambridge boss Richard Money called his team's performance a 'spirited display' after their loss to the Bulls.

He told the press: "The first thing I want to say is a big thank you to the support base today.

"They know we're struggling a bit at the minute and they were good because they saw a spirited display from the team and if they stay on side, it will turn. We've got one or two back and they'll still take a bit of time to come back, so from that point of view, it was a spirited display.


He also revealed loan keeper Jesse Jonoren walked out of the club after he was told he would not be starting today's game:

"He trained yesterday, but it all blew up yesterday afternoon. When Jed Steer came in it was totally different. He’d played 20 or more League games, so he has seen the hurly burly.
"This boy, although he’s a man of pedigree, he hasn't, so I felt it was better for him to have a look at it today, so Craig Ross would have played today in any case.
"He wasn't prepared to accept that. Whatever people say to me that `he has got to do this, he has got to do that', I'm the team manager and I’ll decide who plays, so if that’s the case, go back.
"We had an agreement with Fulham which I don’t think was correctly portrayed to the player and I’m not going to have a gun held to my head that he has got to play."