NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Collins Speaks On Bulls Move


New Bulls defender Dominic Collins has spoken to the Chester Standard about his move to Edgar Street:

“I have a lot to thank Neil [Young, Chester manager] for, even though I was a bit surprised to be allowed to leave Chester. I am grateful that Neil let me leave Chester without asking for any kind of compensation or fee and that made the move to Hereford straightforward.

“He could have kept hold of me and I could have been sitting on the bench for Chester next season because George (Horan) and Paul (Linwood) look like they are the first choice pairing. So I have to thankful that he has allowed me to go and play football, whether that was a league below or full-time.”

“Neil explained his reasons for allowing me to leave, and although I was a little bit surprised as I’ve said, he knows that I want to be playing football. Not playing regularly started to reflect on my performances towards the end of last season and myself and Neil had many conversations about me not playing."

Collins was asked about how his move came about:

“It was strange because I sent out a tweet about leaving Chester and later that day I had a phone call asking me to come to Hereford, it was perfect timing.

“Two weeks later I went down to have a look around and speak to the manager and look at the facilities and what he had to say really impressed me. The manager wants hungry lads who may have things to work on, but have the chance to do that every day with more sessions if necessary.

“The move wasn’t about money but about trying to make the most of what is a really good opportunity for me at a full-time football club. I will be living in the Hereford area and giving it my all to make the move a successful one.”