NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Foyle And The Trophy


Two seasons, Two FA Trophy Ties at Edgar Street, Two 3-0 defeats by teams at the time below the Bulls and similar comments from manager Martin Foyle.

What is it about the Trophy that Foyle doesn't like?

This season in particular chairman David Keyte was desparate for a win just to get some cash in the bank.

But it wasn't much different last season.

Go back to Foyle's post match comments after the Bulls lost to Chelmsford. He made six changes from the team he put out the previous Tuesday.

"Should I have played Joe Heath today? (who is on four bookings) But Ebbsfleet is in my mind because I still think we can do well in the League.
 
"Marley as well but he's on four bookings. I didn't want him to miss Ebbsfleet or Kidderminster.

"Was I being too clever today? No not at all."

And compare them with his comments today. 

Damon Lathrope Came On At Half-Time
"When Damon  (Lathrope) came on, he gave us that little bit of quality.

"But I didn't start him today because he's on four bookings and I wanted him more for the Nuneaton game.

"That's my decision and I know it would be the right one."