NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Sharp Could Lead Lincoln's Line Tomorrow


Chris Sharp found watching last weekend's match between Lincoln City and Hereford United difficult. Sharp is on loan at Sincil Bank for a month but wasn't allowed to take part. 

"It was weird, yes," Sharp told the Lincolnshire Echo. 

"Obviously you have got a foot in both camps. You want the boys here at Lincoln to do well because that is your team just now, but obviously it’s hard because I don’t want to see the boys at Hereford end up on the receiving end of a defeat. 

"I think a draw was probably the best result for me. I think, probably on the share of possession Lincoln deserved to win the game. But neither team created a great deal it was just a lack of concentration at the end that allowed Hereford to nick the equaliser."

Hereford have given permission for Sharp to play in tomorrow's Trophy Tie between Stalybridge and Lincoln.

He may lead the line as Ben Tomlinson was sent off in the Hereford game and has to serve a three match ban. 

"I have always been remembered for my work rate.

"Sometimes people have said I do too much pointless running, especially for a centre forward. But I like to run around and get involved and I think that’s the minimum anyone should expect from a professional footballer.

"I’d love a goal. That’s what strikers are paid for and that’s what you think about constantly."