NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

GT Steps Down At Shrewsbury


Former Bulls manager, and chairman, Graham Turner has stepped down as manager of Shrewsbury.

The veteran manager leaves with the Shrews struggling at the wrong end of League One, and without a goal at home since November. Turner told the club's official site that it was probably his final managerial job after 35 years:

"I've got to be honest, you sit and contemplate the future, and I would think it would be fair to say that my managerial days are over. There might be something I can contribute somewhere. There may be a door open to come back at sometime in the long-term future here.

"But I go away purely with the view that my time is up here. I think it's the right time to do it.

"I think there's only one thing that's important and that is the football club itself and ensuring safety so it's perhaps taking stock over the next couple of weeks and deciding where we go from here as a family man.


"But I think it would be fair to say I can't see myself in another managerial role."