NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

DLW Talks About England Call


Daniel Lloyd-Weston has spoken about his England C call-up.

Speaking to StaffsLive, the former Port Vale stopper said: “I came home from training one day and my manager called me and I thought it was a bit strange as normally managers just see you in their office.

“But when he spoke he said it was simply good news and that I have been called up into the England C team. I couldn’t speak for five seconds because I was speechless. I am just so excited, but I am also quite shocked as I wasn’t expecting it.

“We have a league game against Wrexham on Saturday and the moment that finishes I will be heading down to Heathrow on Sunday to meet the rest of the team. From then we fly out to Jordan.

“Also I have never been to Jordan before so it will be a new experience for me.”

Lloyd-Weston also spoke about the first half of the season with the Bulls: “When I joined the club in the summer my aim was to have a good pre-season and to get myself into the first team and starting each week.

“Unfortunately, that didn’t happen and I was on the bench. However, Rhys Evans got injured in our FA Cup game at Burton Albion and I came on.

“I played all the time he was injured and have continued to do so since. I must have impressed some people to keep being picked every week and to be called up to the C team.”