NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Chris Price Evening At Edgar Street


Chris Price
This evening's question and answer session with former player Chris Price was enjoyed by around 60 Hereford United supporters.

Chaired by H&W's Trevor Owens, Price was asked various questions about his football career. One about him leaving Hereford.

"I was 26 and I think I probably stayed at Hereford too long. Blackburn were struggling at the time and they wanted to sign me.

"Being a Hereford lad, it was a scary thought moving up to Lancashire.

"I had to take my family up there and everything else but they persuaded me and it was the right decision.

"Blackburn didn't have a lot of money at that time. I think the transfer fee was £22,500. It's nothing is it!"

Later he was asked to comment on the situation at Hereford.

"I think the new owners need to be a bit more transparent. I think they need to be a bit more open with the supporters. Make a statement about what's actually happening and stop lying.

"I don't think they are being honest with the supporters. They need to open up.

"Otherwise it's not going to work for them."


Caroline Preedy organised the evening.

Dave Preedy and Chris Price are Cousins