NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, July 03, 2014

Leominster MP Backs 'Fan Owned Club'


Leominster MP Bill Wiggin has given his backing to a 'fan owned club' should Hereford United 1939 Limited cease to exsist.

 "It would be great to have a fan owned club, bringing in the whole community," Wiggin told the Hereford Times.

On the wider issue of what might happen at Edgar Street Wiggin said he had spoken to a number of supporters.

"I have never met any directors of Hereford United or the people currently involved but I am sad about the situation.

"I know a number of my constituents and numerous Bulls’ fans are concerned about the current goings on at Hereford United.

"I understand many fans believe the new owner wants to develop the Edgar Street ground. 

"My own position is that I will do all I can to ensure the council continues to retain the leases on behalf of all of us, the council tax payers.

"Secondly I want the council to pursue the club for the outstanding rent that belongs to everyone in Herefordshire.

"In the hope that this will bring closure or certainty to all concerned."

Meanwhile in another article in today's Hereford Times, accountant Andrew Green from Bawtry in Yorkshire, says that Tommy Agombar, the new 'owner' of Hereford United, failed to take advice from him.

“I attended the Conference meeting to help smooth a difficult situation at the time,” he said.

“The advice I gave was based on the limited information that was to hand or been given by David Keyte.

“However, Mr Agombar is his own man and decided to go with his instinct."