NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Friday, July 04, 2014

Possible Safety Issues At Edgar Street


It's usual that football grounds are inspected pre-season by organisations such as the Fire Authority and the Health and Safety.

Hereford United is no exception and the ground will need to be reasonable order before spectators can be admitted.

In particular the catering booths are checked by the Environmental Health team at Herefordshire Council. One of them situated next to the toilets between the Blackfriars End and the Len Weston stand is known to need work on it.

One supporter was thinking about going to Sunday's friendly game against the Rifles which is aid of Help For Heroes. His daughter was to make her first visit to the ground.

However he decided to contact the Herefordshire Council before going to the game.

Here's a copy of the e-mail he sent.

Good afternoon, I am planning on taking my daughter to watch Hereford United play against The Rifles on Sunday. I have however heard some disturbing news that the grounds structual safety and fire certificates have elapsed and that Hereford United have not had the relevant authorities in to renew them. Please could you confirm that all is in order with regards to this and supply me with the relevant H&S certificates. I am sure you can understand my reluctance to put my daughter into any potentially dangerous situation. I will be staying away from Edgar Street until you can satisfy my request and assure me that all is in order preferably including copies of said certificates. I await your reply.

The Council have replied.

Thank you for your enquiry. It has been submitted and, where appropriate, we will respond within 10 working days.

Needless to say the supporter is now not going to the game despite his RAF background and being a big supporter of 'Help For Heroes'

"I wont compromise my daughters safety," he told BN. 

UPDATE:  Marc Willimont, Council head of Enviromental Health, is to chair an 'interesting' Sports Safety Certificate meeting with police, fire etc at 10.00 for Hereford United.