NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Sharp Signs For Stockport


Chris Sharp has signed for Stockport for the coming season after impressing in a trial match.

The former Telford man netted the only goal as the Hatters beat Northwich. He told the club's official site: 

"A couple of weeks into the close season I heard that there was a chance of joining County. Lordy already knows me well as he was instrumental in taking me to Motherwell previously. I was also getting pushed by Sean Newton who kept telling me to get to Stockport as Lordy wanted me. To be fair Newts owed me a favour as I had introduced him to Alan in the first place.

It's a massive club to play for at this level. When you see a club getting 3 to 4,000 fans in the Conference that's where players should want to play their football. So when I knew the club might be interested, I thought....Come on!"