NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Ferrell Talks To The HT

In today's Hereford Times departing midfielder Andy Ferrell speaks highly of the spirit within the club, but is disappointed at the way he was told of his departure.

"I made a lot of good friends at Hereford and there can be no club in the lower leagues which had a better team spirit. When the lads went out, we all went out together and even the loan players who came to the club fitted in really well. Hereford is a very good club to start your league career at and the team spirit was fantastic."

"I am very disappointed that after more than 70 games in two years with the club, Graham Turner did not tell me face to face or by phone personally. It would have been nice if someone from the club had picked the phone up.

"But I would never hold that against the club. I wish them all the best for the future and Joan Fennessy, in particular, was great and always there for me to talk to. Even if I had been offered a contract, I would have had to think hard about whether to accept it because at this stage in my career I am greedy for first-team football."

Ferrell hopes to stay in the League, and has returned to the North East while he looks for a new club. The full interview can be seen on the Hereford Times website.