NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Gulliver Glad To End "Nightmare"

Speaking to the Northants Evening Telegraph, ex-Bull Phil Gulliver described his time at Edgar Street as a "nightmare":

"I didn't settle at all with Hereford and I didn't enjoy my time there. Leaving last year was hard and I didn't particularly want to go. I felt I had to stay in the Football League but things never worked out.

"I wanted to come back and I'm glad to have put last season behind me. It was a nightmare. There was a slight problem when I missed pre-season because Hereford and Diamonds couldn't agree on terms of the transfer. That was sorted out but I couldn't get into the team at the start of the season.

"I then played about 25 games and I was captain. Then one day I wasn't even in the squad! After the end of January I hardly played and the gaffer (Graham Turner) never spoke to me. So it's good to be back here and I'm settled in the area."

Yesterday, Diamonds manager Garry Hill revealed that Gulliver had taken a pay cut to return to Nene Park and, with Gulliver seeming a second unhappy departure to surface from Edgar Street in a week, fans are becoming increasingly concerned about the status of several of the out of contract players that are considering offers.