NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Moules Steps Down

Conference chief John Moules, much deried by fans, has stepped down from his position with immediate effect citing location issues.

Brian Lee, Chairman of The Football Conference said: "We are extremely grateful to John for his many years of loyal service. We fully understand his ties with the South-East which make relocation to Birmingham impractical and in view of the fact that we now have two major long-term commercial agreements in place the marketing opportunities for the Competition, for which John assumed responsibility, will be limited. We have parted on the best of terms and we wish John every success for the future."

John Moules added: "I have thoroughly enjoyed all my years at the helm of the administration of The Football Conference and although I am sad to go I feel that I am leaving the Competition in its healthiest ever state both from commercial and footballing perspectives. I have realised that it is simply not possible for me to serve the best interests of The Conference unless I can be at the heart of things in The Midlands and that is not possible for me.

"Having played a significant role in the delivery of both Setanta and Blue Square I believe that it is time for me to move on and seek new challenges. The Football Conference has been my life for many years and it is now time to focus on my own family and future. I am grateful to The Conference for the opportunities it has afforded me and am sure that it will go from strength to strength."