NEXT HOME GAME - TBC
NEXT AWAY GAME - SUPPORTERS XI ARE PLAYING WORCESTER AT MALVERN ON SUNDAY AUGUST 3rd AT 3.00pm

Monday, June 23, 2008

Quinn Not Happy With Cambridge

Ex-Bull Jimmy Quinn has been less than happy with the way Cambridge managed his departure, suggesting the agreement was less than mutual.

Speaking to the Non-League Paper he said: "The board weren't particularly happy with me and I wasn't particularly happy with them. We didn't see things in the same way and they led me up the garden path a bit saying that they want me to do this, that and the other, and then they rang me on holiday saying I haven't got a job any more, which isn't nice..."

Quinn also hinted at problems at the Abbey Stadium as the reason for his departure: "Obviously they've got their reasons. I know what they are but the timing isn't right to tell people what it is because...I wouldn't want to hinder a new manager going in"

Gary Brabin has been named as their new manager, with Paul Carden as his assistant. 37 year old Brabin has exactly eight games of managerial experience with Southport at the end of last season while Carden, 29, had originally agreed to join Wrexham on a two year deal. Their appointments are seen as a further cost cutting measure and have been met with scepticism by fans.

Meanwhile, the final nail in the coffin of Halifax Town is to be hammered in this afternoon. A High Court appointment will officially liquidate the 97 year old club on the day their local council confirmed a £2.7million cash injection to complete The Shay after years of inactivity.